Saturday, December 7, 2013

Corinthian Column Dedication



The Corinthian Column statue honoring the arrival of 65 Scots to Sarasota in 1885 was dedicated in a ceremony at the northwest corner of Main St. & Gulf Stream Ave in downtown Sarasota. 
























The event was sponsored by the City of Sarasota, the Caledonian Club of West Florida and the Sister Cities Association of Sarasota. The Caledonian Club is an alliance member of SCAS, deeply involved in supporting Sarasota's twinning with Sister Cities Dunfermline, Scotland. 

Video of the Bagpipes


youtube.com/watch?v=bNLkkM8fYUI

youtu.be/xWESygupcLo