International Photo Contest
“A Day Together”
July 13, 2012
Photographers in Sarasota and the Cultural Coast have been invited to take part in our Sister City of the Vladimir, Russia International Photo Contest, called “A Day Together”.
Vladimir has 20 sister cities in 12 countries all over the world. “Unfortunately, often our cooperation remains largely on paper. But we want to be real friends. So let us start small, and tell each other about ourselves using photographs. We are sure that this project will become a serious step forward in a new period of our cooperation. As we say in Russia: “It is better to see once than to hear a hundred times.” Well, let us show each other how we look.”
Everyone is welcome to this project: amateurs and professional photographers. Just take a camera, shoot something special and send the photos to us. And you'll have just one day for doing it – July 13, 2012. To keep to the natural rhythm of this day, we are going to suggest that every sister city (from East to West) use the exact hours (about 2-3 hours) for photographing.
- There should be images of people in the photos;
- Photos have to express the rhythm of the city, to show some scenes of daily living in the city and of its citizens;
- You should submit your photographs in raw image format;
- Please submit not less than 5 photos;
- Each photo artist will please attach a one-page document, including the name of your city, the time of photographing, the name of the photographer, and write some words about the image.
All photos chosen by the contest committee will be published in a special edition of the city magazine, “The Mirror,” this August. Each artist will receive this edition as a gift. In September, within our “City Days” celebration, all submitted photographs will be exhibited.